public international law
Nicolas Angelet has acted as counsel for States and corporations in various international investment cases. He also represents international organizations, the Belgian Government and foreign States from the Americas, Africa and Europe, as well as corporate clients before domestic courts in Belgium and abroad, PCA inter-State arbitration, the International Court of Justice, the European Court of Human Rights, the European Court of Justice, the UN Human Rights Committee and subsidiary organs of the UN Security Council.
“Nicolas’ analysis of complex legal issues has all the rigour of a top practitioner coupled with the technical background of an academic.” WWL
Research & Publications
Nicolas Angelet is professor of International Law at the ULB (Université libre de Bruxelles) and is regularly invited at foreign universities. He contributes to multiple publications and is a regular speaker at conferences worldwide.
“He always keeps an eye on the bigger picture, bringing key insights to the case and the strategy” WWL
- Member of the Brussels bar
- Associate Tenant of Doughty Street Chambrers, London
- Member of the ICSID panel of conciliators (appointed by Belgium)
- Member of the ICSID panel of arbitrators (appointed by Burundi)
- President of the Belgian Society of International Law