public international law
Nicolas Angelet has acted as counsel for states and corporations in international investment cases, and has represented international organizations, the Belgian Government and foreign states from the Americas, Africa and Europe, as well as corporate clients before domestic courts in Belgium and abroad, PCA inter-State arbitration, the International Court of Justice, the European Court of Human Rights, the European Court of Justice, the UN Human Rights Committee and subsidiary organs of the UN Security Council.
“Nicolas’ analysis of complex legal issues has all the rigour of a top practitioner coupled with the technical background of an academic.” WWL
Research & Publications
Nicolas Angelet is professor International Law at ULB (Université libre de Bruxelles) and lecturer Investment Law at Uppsala University. He contributes to multiple publications and is a regular speaker/host/contributor at conferences worldwide.
“He always keeps an eye on the bigger picture, bringing key insights to the case and the strategy” WWL
- Member of the Brussels bar
- Associate Tenant of Doughty Street Chambrers, London
- Member of the ICSID panel of conciliators (appointed by Belgium)
- Member of the ICSID panel of arbitrators (appointed by Burundi)
- President of the Belgian Society of International Law